Wonder Art Workshop
Creative Child-Led Experiences for Nurturing Imagination, Curiosity, and a Love of Learning
Price / COM_VIRTUEMART_UNIT_SYMBOL_:
Availability: Temporarily unavailable from this website, please try another retailer
Give your children the precious gifts of wonder and curiosity to help them become the best they can be with Wonder Art Workshop.
In Wonder Art Workshop, educator and educational development expert Sally Haughey shares her approach to hands-on, play-based learning with parents, teachers, and other facilitators, offering 25 activities that let your child take the lead in developing their own sense of intrinsic motivation to imagine, experiment, and discover. The authors wonder-based approach reflects and synthesizes several child-centered educational movements, including Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, and Montessori. Become a catalyst for cultivating your child's curious mind through these steps and activities, which start with art and apply to other subjects, including science and literacy:
• Take stock for your wonder journey with helpful guidance on collecting materials, preparing a space, and nurturing the process while allowing children to make independent choices.
• Harness curiosity through a collection of sensory-based activities that use a variety of loose parts and other creative materials for open-ended play.
• Encourage experimentation by unleashing your child's inner alchemist with “potion trays” they can use to mix color, create fizzing concoctions, make play dough, and more.
• Unlock literacy play with activities that inspire children to imagine and create their own characters, structures, and landscapes.
• Learn to capture a child's journey of wonder through photographs, recordings, and creative artifacts.
Give your children the precious gifts of wonder and curiosity and help them become the best they can be with Wonder Art Workshop.
Sally Haughey is the founder and CEO of Fairy Dust Teaching (fairydustteaching.com), a company committed to the growth and empowerment of teachers through professional development with a focus on child-centered education. Sally began developing her wonder-based approach while still an early childhood educator herself and, after 20 years of successfully teaching in various school settings, made the jump several years ago to full-time provider of professional child-centered development for educators, committing herself to what she loves most: inspiring teachers. Her most recent online manual, The Wonder-Based Teaching Start-Up Guide, was downloaded more than 7,000 times within the first 3 weeks of its release. In addition, Sally has received significant international interest in her program, and has consulted with schools and educational groups in China, Vietnam, and Greece. She lives in Groton, Massachusetts.
Handicrafts, decorative arts & crafts